Well I finished book five on Friday. Go away immediately if you haven’t read it.
What the WHAT??
I’m sorry but WHY did Sirius have to die?? That’s just awful. I was devastated to read it and I just kept thinking, “No. No, he’ll come back. Dumbledore will know a trick and he Why Doesnt He Want To Get Back Together ‘ll be able to bring him back.” So dumb.
It was a good book. I had a really rough time at the beginning, I was feeling really sorry for Harry. His life was just awful. Then things started to speed up and the story got going a bit more. Final thoughts on the book.
1. We watched the movie last night. I’m sure the movies are good on their own, or maybe for the people who saw them right when they came out, but I just don’t think it’s good to watch the movies
IMMEDIATELY after finishing the book. I kept thinking, “Wrong. Nope. That’s not how that happened. Uh uh.”
2. I love that we got to see more of Neville in this book. I’m excited to see his role in the last two books.
3. I don’t like Cho anymore. She seems like a boy-crazy brat.
4. I really hate having conflicting feelings about Snape. I want to just hate him and feel okay about it.
5. The Weasley twins are so lovable in the books but kind of annoying in the movies, yes? They weren’t quite as bad in this one, but the movie still didn’t translate their ambition and personality.
6. It’s pretty funny that Lucias can’t handle a wizard his son’s age. He must have some serious inner rage about that! I wonder if Draco knows how much his dad sucks.
7. I liked the story about finding the room in the book. Dobby didn’t even make an appearance in the movie. I suppose they wanted to give Neville some credit somewhere else so we all love him even more. But I guess this means that Dobby isn’t crucial to the future stories? Seems like they’d keep him around if he was important. And there wasn’t even a mention of hats Hermione was rapidly knitting. Not that I’m complaining… the elves and Quiddich are my least favorite parts of the books.
8. I have already started book 6. It’s not off to a good start…. I’ll be in touch.
Thought about book five?