Mom, don’t read. Spoilers ahead.
1. Did you know there is a Wikipedia JUST for Harry Potter? When I have a spare 10 hours, I’m going to get on that!
2. What happened to Kreacher?? They didn’t go back to Privet Drive during the 7th book since Snape knew how to get in. But seeing how Snape doesn’t suck as much as we thought he did, it’s likely that Kreacher is still there unharmed. Right? Seems like Harry would have called him to him right away.
3. I think it’s weird that Harry and Ginny’s kids have super meaningful names (James Sirius and Albus Severus and Lily something) and then Ron and Hermione’s kids are named Hugo and Rose. I mean, I think it’s in character for Harry to name them after the people in his life that he loved and lost, but it’s so different from the other two names. I would think that Hermione would name her kids something meaningful but not obvious.
4. Has anyone read the story JK wrote about James and Sirius? Is it worth it? Where do I get it?
5. I really thought that Neville’s Rememberall was going to make a very important cameo in book 7. I kept waiting for that mirror to do something important and it definitely did. I really thought the Rememberall would be that important.
6. This. Only I don’t really like his attitude and I think it’s a bit too extreme. And the only reason Harry thinks Snape is evil is because HE ACTS EVIL.
7. When will I stop thinking about this book? I probably have a few more weeks of Potter obsession, huh? Then I go to Florida and it’ll all come back again. But I’ll also be submerged in Disney, so I’ll be obsessed with all that too. We are going to go from blogging about my kid and nothingness, to posting pictures of Dumbo. YOU’RE WELCOME.
8. Is Butterbeer alcoholic? At first I didn’t think so, but in some of the later books they talk about drinking wine and mead. So now I’m not sure. But things are different over there across the pond. I guess they drink at age 16.
9. This may be the best HP photo/quote I’ve seen yet.