1. As I am writing this, it is 10:15 on Thursday night. We hosted our Bible Study group at our house. There is one couple remaining at our house. No, I’m not being rude. The woman is asleep on the couch (she is pregnant) and the man is watching the R
NC with Stephen.
2. I made some killer chocolate chip cookies for dessert. The recipe is a keeper and probably my new go-to. I have no idea how it is different than other recipes. Maybe I should compare it to the Tollhouse recipe. I found it on Pinterest and I think it was called Paradise Chocolate Chip Cookies, or something.
3. I was at the grocery store the other night grabbing a few things and I witnessed a mother/son relationship that really bothered me. I kept my mouth shut at the time because I’m a decent human being and I try to butt out of issues that aren’t mine, but I can share it with you.
There was a mom shopping with her son. He was probably 11, though I really can’t be sure because unless you are 2 or 28, I really have no clue how old you are. I happened to be in the same aisle as them three times, and they were in the checkout line behind me. Y’all, this kid was in charge. He told her what to buy and how much. The first instance was by the yogurt. There was some yogurt
with M&M mix-ins on the shelf. She was like, “Look, here is yogurt. You can have this with breakfast.” He glared at her and was like, “JUST yogurt? And plus, they have Oreo kind too. Get both.” So got she both and said, “Okay. You can have one of these yogurts and a SMALL package of donuts for breakfast.” I’M SORRY WHAT?
At the checkout he put several candy bars in her cart and she eventually said, “We are only getting two.” “But mom, you said these were delicious, why would you only get me 2?” She didn’t take any out of her cart.
4. Jansen turns TWO on Sunday. Holy moly!!
5. Aside from not napping, Jansen seems to be doing well with preschool. It’s weird, before now I never thought about how moms feel about school. I mean, you always hear about the moms who cry in the parking lot after dropping their kid off at school. (I didn’t. Not even close.) But I never knew how incredibly excited I would be to go pick him up. I like the 5 seconds I get to spy on him before he sees me at the door and starts running to me, sobbing. I wish I could see him eating lunch at the table with all of his classmates. It’s so weird to think that he has this little life outside of our family that I know nothing about.
6. I think I need to do a post about the funny things Jansen says. Those are things I want to remember. Example: He calls stop signs “octagon shapes.”
7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!